The goal of Scituate Public Schools Health Services is to maintain and advance student health, including physical and emotional wellbeing, to support academic success and promote lifelong wellness. Health Services are supported by a professional, credentialed and highly qualified nursing staff.
Please bring the following completed forms to your school nurse to address your child’s specific needs.
Medical Advisory Committee
We believe strongly in making decisions during the COVID-19 era based in science and data in collaboration with school officials and medical professionals. We have developed a SPS Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) consisting of the board of health director, town nurse, school nurse leader, school physician, high school nurse, executive secretary to the superintendent, and superintendent to meet regularly (or as necessary).
Scituate Public Schools Health Self-Assessment
Do you/your child have any of the following symptoms?
- Fever (100F or higher), chills, shaking chills
- Cough (not due to other known causes, such as a chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Sore throat (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Headache (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Fatigue (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies and when in combination with other symptoms)
- Have you/your child been told by a public health official to isolate or quarantine?
If your answer to either of the questions above is ‘yes’, stay home and do not come to school.
- Notify the school nurse, building principal, or principal’s designee
- Staff should also follow standard procedures for reporting an absence
- If symptomatic, contact your health care provider for assessment and testing. As always, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Department of Public Health, Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Kellie Bell, District Nurse Leader, 781-545-8760 ext. 21115