This summer, we ask Scituate families to stay engaged in reading and math by exploring fun activities. Kids should read lots of what interests them, play games requiring strategy, and take advantage of opportunities for imaginative play.
Here you will find ways to support your children’s skill maintenance and development over the summer months.
- Kindergarten: Fluently add and subtract within 5.
- 1st Grade: Fluently add and subtract within 10.
- 2nd Grade: Fluently add and subtract within 20.
- 3rd Grade: Fluently multiply all products up to 10 x 10 and related division facts.
- 4th Grade: Fluently multiply all products up to 12 x 12 and related division facts.
- 5th Grade: Keep practicing all fact fluency!
Please complete a Me by the Numbers page to share with your teacher!
Feel free to get creative with your numbers!
Don’t forget to practice math facts all summer long!
- Visit our Learning Resources page for a list of math games
Students should select any books that interest them to read this summer.
- Visit our Learning Resources page for book suggestions
- Download Scituate Town Library's Kids Summer Activities Calendar (pdf)
- Visit the Boston Public Library website for Summer reading programs and booklists
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Gregory, PK-5 Humanities Curriculum Coordinator.