Jenkins Journal Update
September/ October Happenings
- Tuesday, September 19 - PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm, Jenkins Library
- Wednesday, September 20: Elementary Expectations Night
- Student Last Names beginning with A-K: 6:00-6:30 pm
- Student Last Names beginning with L-Z: 6:45-7:15 pm
- Friday, September 22 - PTO Golf Fundraiser
- Wednesday, September 28: Picture Day!
- Thursday, September 28: Fourth Grade Band Instrument Pick Up
- Tuesday, October 3: School Picture Make-Ups
- Monday, October 9: No School Indigenous People’s Day
- Tuesday, October 17: PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm, Jenkins Library
- Tuesday, October 31: All School K-5 Dress Up (optional)
What is Purpose-Full People?
- Our new K-5 social-emotional learning program teaches skills that will help students be successful in school and in life.
- What are the goals of Purposefull People?
- Purposefull People has three main goals for students: Be Kind, Be Strong, and Be Well.
- Be Kind: Social skills like listening, friendship, solving conflicts, and leadership.
- Be Strong: Skills that help students focus, stay organized, and set goals.
- Be Well: Skills that help students handle their emotions and deal with stress.
- When are the lessons taught to the students?
- Lessons are taught in all of our classrooms and reinforced school-wide in many ways including morning announcements, posters, and our monthly Shark Assemblies.
- How can families help?
- Each month, we will post the family connection letters for the monthly theme.
- Each grade-specific letter includes some ways to build these skills at home, discussion starters, and fun challenges you can try with your family.
September Respect Family Newsletters are in the resource section at the bottom of the post.
Mrs. McNamara and Mrs. St Onge unveil their bulletin board in the reading specialist classroom.
- Beginning of the Year benchmark assessments for reading and math are taking place for Grades 1-5.
- Kindergarten benchmark assessments begin in mid-October.
- Families will receive the results of these benchmark assessments this fall
We have a website filled with great resources. You will find the most current information on our website: Jenkins Website
Jenkins Sharks Newsfeed Check out the newsfeed for any previous posts.
Questions? Contact the Jenkins Office at email@example.com or call us at 781-545-4910, Mary Oldach, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org