Welcome Back, Jenkins Sharks
Welcome, Jenkins Sharks!
The beginning of the school year is quickly approaching, and here is all of the essential information that you need to know. Questions? Contact the Jenkins Office at email@example.com or call us at 781-545-4910. We look forward to a school year full of learning and fun with your children!
Mary Oldach, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to School 2023-2024 Events
- Monday, August 21: Classroom teacher assignments available in Aspen.
- Monday, August 28: Grades 1-5 New Student Tour, 10:00-11:00.
- Tuesday, August 29: Kindergarten Story Hour, 10:00-11:00. RSVP by calling the Main Office at 781-545-4910.
- Tuesday, September 5: First Day of School, Grades 1-5.
- Tuesday, September 5: Kindergarten Meet and Greet Visits. Visit times have been emailed to each family.
- Wednesday, September 6: Kindergarten First Day of School.
- Wednesday, September 20: Elementary Expectations Night.
- Option 1: First Day School Supply Kits ordered before July 1, 2023 will be in your student’s classroom on the first day of school.
- Option 2: Purchase your own supplies and bring them on the first day of school.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Free to all students this school year.
- Breakfast is available in the cafeteria from 8:40-8:55 a.m. for those students who need to eat before school begins.
We are excited to welcome the following new staff members to the Jenkins Family:
- Cathie Bobzin, Cafeteria Hostess
- Heather Funk, Art
- Dominc Boulrisse, Physical Education and Health
- Megahn Hughes, Music
- Kevin McCarthy, Lead Custodian
- Cassandra Mountain, Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Getting to and From School - Safety is our top priority
- Doors open for students at 8:40 a.m.
- School day is 8:55-3:25 p.m.
Bus: Buses arrive in the loop in the parking loop off of First Parish Road and are unloaded by staff at 8:40 a.m.
Car: Parents may drop off their child by using the Vinal Avenue side of the building no earlier than 8:40 a.m. in first car lane closest to the building. Watch staff for directions. Children should exit the vehicle from the passenger side doors. Pull all the way up and drop off quickly to keep the line moving.
Walkers and Bike Riders: Our crossing guard assists students who cross First Parish Road. Walkers and bike riders enter the school at the patio entrance by the cafeteria and gym. Bike racks are provided at the patio entrance.
Bus: Students are dismissed from their classrooms to the gymnasium to board their bus. Students may not ride a different bus or get off at another stop on the route. If students want to go to a friend’s house, they must bring a note and be dismissed as a walker or car rider.
Car: Vehicles line up in the lane located closest to the front entrance on Vinal Avenue. A staff member will be taking names and will call your students to the front of the line. It is important to stay in your vehicle and have the children buckle in quickly to ensure that the line moves along.
Walkers and Bike Riders: Walkers and bike riders are dismissed at the patio entrance at 3:25pm. Students may walk home or meet their family at the patio entrance. Our crossing guard assists students who cross First Parish Road.
Changes in Dismissal: Please email the office (email@example.com) or send a written note in with your child when there is a change in dismissal. Phone calls to school are also an option but need to be received by 1:00 p.m. to ensure that dismissals run smoothly.
We have a website filled with great resources. You will find the most current information on our website: https://www.scit.org/jenkins
- Jenkins Shark Calendar
- Jenkins Sharks Newsfeed
- Download the mobile app (iPhone or Android) and get notifications when news is published